Size: 4.77 GB
Finally create that App + fully-functioning user database in this crash course to building a REST API
What you’ll learn
- How to create the most important part of any user application
How to confidently use some of the most in-demand full stack technologies today
How to create a local development server from scratch
- How to create a brand new Django project with sqlite database
- How to build your own browsable, self documenting REST API
- Handle user registration, login, and status updates in your app with your very own REST API
- A basic level of experience in any programming language.
- Familiarity with simple command line tools like command prompt or terminal.
- Access to a computer running either Windows 10 or Mac OS.
- A passion for learning and a willingness to persevere when things get tough.
DescriptionWelcome to the beginner course on How to Build a REST API from scratch, using Django, Django REST Framework, Python, Vagrant, VirtualBox, Atom, and ModHeaders. You’ll also learn how to deploy your dev server to AWS! This course is made with Django 2.2 and Django REST Framework 3.9.
- Creating and updating user profiles.
- Login and authentication.
- Posting status updates.
- Viewing status update feeds.
- This course is for developers who want build a REST API either for their app, MVP or business idea.
- This course is for frontend developers who want to learn backend.