Size: 3.26 GB
Learn CSS for the first time or brush up your CSS skills and dive in even deeper. EVERY web developer has to know CSS.
What you’ll learn
- Build beautiful websites which don’t just contain great content but also look good
- Use basic as well as advanced CSS features
- Understand the concepts and theory behind CSS and certain CSS features
- You should know the very basics about HTML and web development in general
- NO advanced HTML or web development knowledge is required though
- NO CSS knowledge is required at all! You’ll learn it all in this course!
DescriptionCSS – short for Cascading Style Sheets – is a “programming language” you use to turn your raw HTML pages into real beautiful websites.
- The Basics Track: Start from scratch, learn CSS from the ground up. You start with lecture 1 and simply follow through to the end.
- The Advanced Track: You already know the CSS basics, you know what selectors are and how it works but you want to dive in deeper and learn some advanced features and usages.
- The Expert Track: You got the advanced knowledge, too, but you want to dive into things like Flexbox, CSS Grid, CSS Variables or Sass. This track is for you.
- The basics about selectors, combinators and how you set up styling rules in general
- Properties, values and decalarations
- How specifity and inheritance work and why it’s called “Cascading” Style Sheets
- Important theoretical concepts like the “Box Model”
- How the default position of elements can be changed
- Styling backgrounds (e.g. gradients) and images
- Which units and dimensions you typically use in CSS (px, rem, % and more)
- Responsive design and what “Mobile First” means
- Styling forms and form inputs
- Working with text, fonts and text styles
- Flexbox! How it works and how to use it
- Using the CSS Grid and how it differs from Flexbox
- Transforming and animating HTML elements with the help of CSS
- Writing future-proof CSS with features like CSS variables or best-practice class names
- Using Sass and what it actually is all about
- you started with learning web development and you want to build more beautiful websites
- you already know CSS but want to dive deeper
- you’re using CSS in a trial-and-error manner and want to change this (you should!)
- you’re an absolute CSS pro and you know the CSS working group drafts by heart
- you’re a total newcomer to web development and you don’t know the basics about HTML
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn CSS for the first time or wants to sharpen his or her CSS skills
- Anyone who’s excited to learn about the latest CSS features like Flexbox, CSS Grid or CSS Variables
- Anyone who knows CSS but wants to dive deeper.