Size: 2.31 GB
Search, analyze, and visualize big data on a cluster with Elasticsearch, Logstash, Beats, Kibana, and more.
What you’ll learn
- Install and configure Elasticsearch 6 on a cluster
Create search indices and mappings
Search full-text and structured data in several different ways
- Import data into Elasticsearch using several different techniques
- Integrate Elasticsearch with other systems, such as Spark, Kafka, relational databases, S3, and more
- Aggregate structured data using buckets and metrics
- Use Logstash and the “ELK stack” to import streaming log data into Elasticsearch
- Use Filebeats and the Elastic Stack to import streaming data at scale
- Analyze and visualize data in Elasticsearch using Kibana
- Manage operations on production Elasticsearch clusters
- Use cloud-based solutions including Amazon’s Elasticsearch Service and Elastic Cloud
- You need access to a Windows, Mac, or Ubuntu PC with 20GB of free disk space
- You should have some familiarity with web services and REST
- Some familiarity with Linux will be helpful
- Exposure to JSON-formatted data will help
DescriptionElasticsearch is a powerful tool not only for powering search on big websites, but also for analyzing big data sets in a matter of milliseconds! It’s an increasingly popular technology, and a valuable skill to have in today’s job market. This comprehensive course covers it all, from installation to operations, with 60 lectures including 8 hours of video. We’ll cover setting up search indices on an Elasticsearch 6 cluster (if you need Elasticsearch 5 – we have another course on that), and querying that data in many different ways. Fuzzy searches, partial matches, search-as-you-type, pagination, sorting – you name it. And it’s not just theory, every lesson has hands-on examples where you’ll practice each skill using a virtual machine running Elasticsearch on your own PC.
- Any technologist who wants to add Elasticsearch to their tool chest for searching and analyzing big data sets.