Size: 243.81 MB
Excel Training-How to Use Formulas and Functions in Excel Spreadsheets-Learn on Excel 2010, Excel 2013, or Excel 2016
What Will I Learn?
- Identify formulas and functions and know the difference between the two.
Locate and use any of the functions in Excel using various methods, such as the Formula Tab.
Use the 7 most important Excel functions in common spreadsheet computations.
- Understand the important difference between Absolute and Relative cell references to increase your computing power.
- Identify the various parts of an Excel formula so you can create or modify formulas to fit your needs.
- Use the SUM function in Excel
- Use AVERAGE and AVERAGEA functions in Excel
- Use COUNT and COUNTA functions in Excel
- Use IF functions in Excel
- Use SUMIF and SUMIFS functions in Excel
- Use COUNTIF and COUNTIFS functions in Excel
- Use VLOOKUP in Excel
- Use LEFT, RIGHT and MID functions in Excel
- A basic knowledge of how to use Excel is needed. I recommend first taking my beginning course called Easy Excel Basics for Beginners – Learn Quickly and Easily. That will give you enough background to be ready to learn more about Formulas and Functions.
- This course was created using Excel 2010, but all of the information is suitable for other versions of Excel as well, such as Excel 2013 or Excel 2016.
DescriptionDo you want to learn how to use Excel Formulas and Functions but find it all a bit overwhelming? Do you need Excel to succeed at work, but wonder where to even start?
- I make learning Excel as simple as possible. Excel can seem extremely complex and overwhelming at times. But I break every function down into simple, manageable steps. I also use easy, realistic examples that you can follow along with.
- I get right to the point in every lecture. I know you’re busy so I don’t waste a lot of time on tangents, personal stories or filler like many instructors do. If the lecture is about VLOOKUP, I’m going to get straight to teaching you how to use VLOOKUP so you can put it to use right away.
- What is a formula? What is a function?
- The anatomy of a formula and how to create one.
- How to use the SUM function.
- How to use the AVERAGE and AVERAGEA functions.
- How to use the COUNT and COUNTA functions.
- How to use the IF function.
- How to use the SUMIF and SUMIFS functions.
- How to use the COUNT and COUNTIFS functions.
- How to use the popular VLOOKUP function.
- How to use RIGHT, LEFT and MID to sort data easily.
- A complete demonstration of how to use each function and what to use if for.
- This course is suitable for any level of Excel user from beginning to advanced but it is mostly geared toward beginning and intermediate level learners.
- This course is for you if you are looking for a clearer understanding of how to use common functions, where to find them and some tips and tricks to make your work with functions easier.