Size: 2.43 GB
Master the Industry-leading Page Design and Layout Application
What you’ll learn
- Learn InDesign from the start the way a professional would use it.
- Test your knowledge with quizzes at the end of each chapter.
- Practice everything you learn with provided Exercise Files.
- Learn useful keyboard shortcuts and best practices.
- Advanced automation techniques like GREP and Data Merge
- Working with Text and Image Frames
- Creative Page Layouts and Compositions
- Mastering Character and Paragraph Styles
- Typographic and typesetting techniques
- Creating Table of Contents
- Working with Books and Long Documents
- Print and Digital Publishing
- Any version of Adobe InDesign, preferably not older than InDesign CS6. Ideally InDesign CC (Creative Cloud).
- Prior knowledge is not needed
- Exercise Files and Study Guides are provided
DescriptionThe aim of this course is to teach you to use InDesign like a creative professional. Learn all of the best practises for working in InDesign so you feel 100% confident in creating new work, always know which tool or feature to use, and never waste time doing things the long way.
- InDesign is the industry-leading page design and layout design application which allows you to work across desktop and mobile devices.
- It’s ability to handle long documents with dozens or even hundreds of high resolution images without any lag or compromise on quality is unrivaled by any piece of software.
- InDesign’s real strength lies in its immensely detailed typographic features, which allow users to refine the copy they work with to the smallest details.
- First of we will start with the basics, so you feel totally at ease with the interface, settings preferences and creating documents.
- The next three chapters are all about introducing you to all of the brilliant tools and features in InDesign. Including Image & Text Frames, using Pages, choosing Fonts and Formatting Text.
- Then we move onto creating layouts, drawing, how to work with Swatches, Effects, Blend Modes, Grids and more!
- Once you know how to design a layout you can start to learn about compositional techniques, this is where the course presents a unique learning opportunity.
- The more complex features in InDesign are explained in the final three chapters of the course, so by then you will already be extremely familiar and comfortable with the tools/interface and feel confident and ready to master the more advanced techniques. These chapters include Mastering Styles, Advanced Text Features and Handling Assets and much more.
- 81 Videos (10 hours of total playtime)
- Interactive quizzes testing what you learnt in each chapter
- Downloadable working files including an in-depth Workbook with interactive exercises
- Course content updated with the latest CC 2019 new features
- All future updates to InDesign will be included in this course for no extra payment
- Estimated finish time: 25 hours (including finishing all exercises and quizzes)
- Preparation guide for the official Adobe Certified Associate exam: Print & digital media publication using Adobe InDesign
- Completion certificate upon finishing the entire course
- Perfect for anyone looking to start or develop their career in the creative industry.
- Complete beginners will be able to master the software from the very beginning to the most advanced features.
- Self-taught users and existing professionals can use the course to take their skills and knowledge to the next level, refine their workflows and learn to do everything the right way!
- Existing and more experienced users of Illustrator may also discover hidden gems and workflows or catch up with all the new features released in CC 2019.
- Creating everything from printed books to brochures, magazines, eBooks and interactive online PDFs.
- Designing engaging page layouts for both print and digital publications quickly and efficiently at the highest professional standard.
- Mastering the complex typographic features and the ability to work efficiently with long documents like catalogs and books.
- Work with and manipulate a huge variety of creative assets including images, text, simple illustration.
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed at anyone who wants to get into the creative industry and gain a rock solid foundation of InDesign.
- Although it is providing a beginner to intermediate level learning experience it can be useful for experienced Photoshop users too as there are many self-taught users who are missing out on a lot of techniques and features.