Size: 11.75 GB
What you’ll learn
- How to implement user registration, log-in, log-out & user generated content
- How to setup a server by using Node JS and Express
- No prerequisite knowledge required; the only thing you need is a computer (that you are allowed to install software on) and an internet connection.
- A strong emphasis on the “why” and not just the “how”
- As few assumptions as possible; it’s a pet peeve of mine when instructors assume I know something I don’t
- As few “just download my existing project to get you up and running” moments as possible. It’s another pet peeve of mine when instructors have you use an existing solution that just “automagically” works and you miss a potential learning experience of setting it up yourself. We do copy-and-paste HTML templates (since the focus of the course is not about HTML) but aside from that I explain things from the ground up.
- The Web Browser Environment
- The Node.js environment
- The MongoDB environment
- The Express framework for creating servers
- User registration & user-generated content
- Authentication (both stateful with sessions and stateless with JSON Web Tokens)
- … and much more!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who might be interested in starting a career in computer programming (no experience required).