Size: 17.08 GB
Master Node by building a real-world RESTful API and web app (with authentication, Node.js security, payments & more)
What you’ll learn
- Master the entire modern back-end stack: Node, Express, MongoDB and Mongoose (MongoDB JS driver)
Build a complete, beautiful & real-world application from start to finish (API and server-side rendered website)
Build a fast, scalable, feature-rich RESTful API (includes filters, sorts, pagination, and much more)
- Learn how Node really works behind the scenes: event loop, blocking vs non-blocking code, streams, modules, etc.
- CRUD operations with MongoDB and Mongoose
- Deep dive into mongoose (including all advanced features)
- How to work with data in NoSQL databases (including geospatial data)
- Advanced authentication and authorization (including password reset)
- Security: encryption, sanitization, rate limiting, etc.
- Server-side website rendering with Pug templates
- Credit card payments with Stripe
- Sending emails & uploading files
- Deploy the final application to production (including a Git crash-course)
- Downloadable videos, code and design assets for projects
- Absolutely NO understanding of Node or back-end development is required! I take you from beginner to advanced developer!
- Basic understanding of HTML is a plus (only for final part of the course), but NOT a must
- Any computer and OS will work — Windows, macOS or Linux
- Fundamentals of Node.js, core modules and NPM (Node Package Manager)
- How Node.js works behind the scenes: event loop, blocking vs non-blocking code, event-driven architecture, streams, modules, etc.
- Fundamentals of Express (Node.js framework): routing, middleware, sending responses, etc.
- RESTful API design and development with advanced features: filtering, sorting, aliasing, pagination
- Server-side website rendering (HTML) with Pug templates
- CRUD operations with MongoDB database locally and on the Atlas platform (in the cloud)
- Advanced MongoDB: geospatial queries, aggregation pipeline, and operators
- Fundamentals of Mongoose (MongoDB JS driver): Data models, CRUD operations, data validation, and middleware
- Advanced Mongoose features: modeling geospatial data, populates, virtual populates, indexes, etc.
- Using the MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture
- How to work with data in NoSQL databases
- Advanced data modelling: relationships between data, embedding, referencing, and more
- Complete modern authentication with JWT: user sign up, log in, password reset, secure cookies, etc.
- Authorization (user roles)
- Security: best practices, encryption, sanitization, rate limiting, etc.
- Accepting credit card payments with Stripe: Complete integration on the back-end and front-end
- Uploading files and image processing
- Sending emails with Mailtrap and Sendgrid
- Advanced error handling workflows
- Deploying Node.js application to production with Heroku
- Git and GitHub crash course
- And so much more!
- Lifetime access to 40+ hours of HD quality videos. No monthly subscription. Learn at your own pace, whenever you want;
- All videos are downloadable. Learn wherever you want, even without an internet connection!
- Friendly and fast support in the course Q&A whenever you have questions or get stuck;
- English closed captions (not the auto-generated ones provided by Udemy);
- Course slides in PDF format;
- Downloadable assets, starter code and final code for each section;
- Lots of small challenges are included in the videos so you can track your progress.
Who this course is for:
- Take this course if you’re a front-end developer looking to go into back-end development using the most complete course on the market.
- Take this course if you have taken other Node courses but: 1) still don’t feel confident to code real-world apps, or 2) still feel like you need more back-end skills. This course is perfect for you!
- Take this course if you’re an experienced Node developer who wants to add new skills missing in other courses: How Node works behind the scenes, advanced data modelling, geospatial data, complete and secure authentication, stripe payments, and more.