Size: 820.34 MB
Use jQuery to create stunning animations, provide fast feedback forms, handle all user events and perform Ajax calls.
What you’ll learn
- Add beautiful effects & animations to your sites
- Use AJAX to add content a the page dynamically from APIs like Flickr and TheMovieDB
- Create dynamic websites that users enjoy
- Handle arbitrary user events such as mouse clicks and keyboard presses
- Add fast feedback and validation for forms using jQuery
- Manipulate the appearance and content of any element on the page
- You’ll need an internet connection at least once to download jQuery and to access APIs (e.g. Flickr)
- You’ll need a text editor of your choice to write the code, we’ll go through the installation process for one such editor
- No other software is required
- Effects & Animations: Make your site come alive with jQuery’s animation utilities and enhance your the responsiveness of your design to user behavior and input. Beautify your site with elegant animations, e.g. fading in elements, sliding in submenus and highlighting selected elements.
- DOM Manipulation: Change the contents and appearance of any element in the DOM, even dynamically added ones. Select any element with ease and modify its CSS styles, positioning, content text, image src, or whatever you can think of.
- Learn AJAX: Discover how to fetch and add content to your page dynamically without reloading. Fetch images from Flickr, movies from TheMovieDB and display all using jQuery’s user-friendly syntax.
- Event Handling: Learn how to handle any user input events, including mouse clicks and keyboard input. Use keyboard input to create a simple game with a main player moving around using the arrow keys.
- Form Validation: Create a fast-feedback form that notifies your users of incorrectly formatted input before even submitting the form. Additionally, perform basic validation checking with jQuery before sending the form data to the server.
- I know HTML & CSS and want to expand my knowledge to work as a web developer.
- I’m a student interested in web design & web development and want to learn to create awesome & beautiful sites in less time
Who this course is for:
- You should have basic knowledge of HTML & CSS
- This course is for you if you just want to learn jQuery from scratch or if you want to speed up your JS development