Size: 3.50 GB
Become a Professional Web Scraper | Learn how to scrape websites and obtain useful data by using Selenium and NodeJS
What you’ll learn
- Understands the basics of NODE JS
Understand the installation and un-installation of node modules
Understand the fundamentals of Web Scrapping
- Understand the automation tool Selenium with scrapping
- Understand how to locate various elements
- Understand how to locate elements with XPATH
- Understand the basics of Selenium methods that are necessary for scrapping
- Understand different types of Exception in selenium and how to handle them
- Store the scrapped data in excel file CSV
- Complete Project that will Scrape Google translate website
- Complete Project that will Scrape Travel Insurance website
- Basics of HTML
- Basic Programming Concepts Such as Variable, If Condition, Loop Structure.
- Node JS version: 10.13.0 (we will install it inside course)
- Chrome Driver version: 2.43 (we will install it inside course)
DescriptionWeb scraping is the Data Science technique of gathering or storing useful and public information from websites in a suitable format like spreadsheets that can be used later for any purpose. It basically removes the burden of copying the data manually, instead it provides an automated way to do it. The data extraction is done from websites using some sort of a code written called “scraper” which takes the a Web URL, parses the HTML DOM of that site and then return the result which we can save in some format say CSV for future use. The data that we parse can be in form of texts, images, package names and their corresponding prices, videos and contact information like email, name, phone numbers and so on.
- Setting up the environment
- Building Blocks and Syntax
- Google Translate 2018 Project
- Google Translate 2019 Project
- Travel Insurance Website Project
- Reading Data from CSV File
- How to Save scraped Data into New CSV file
- How to apply Validations
- Basic HTML Knowledge required.
- Basic Programming Knowledge required.
- No Knowledge of NodeJS required.
- Data Scientists who want to create their own real world Data Set
- Anyone who wants to be a professional Web scrapper
- Anyone who wants to scrape data from any website
- Anyone who wants to understand the basics of node
- Anyone who wants to understand how to write XPATH
- Anyone who wants to interact with HTML DOM